As your partner in success, BOMA/NY gives you the opportunity to win a scholarship to further your professional education. Established in 1988, the BOMA/NY Scholarship Program provides financial assistance to students enrolled in BOMI educational programs. To date, BOMA/NY has awarded 214 Scholarships.
The deadline to submit your application for this year’s scholarships is July 29, 2016. The Scholarships will be awarded December 9, 2016 at the BOMA/NY Annual Holiday Luncheon.
If you are ready to put your career on the success track, just follow the steps outlined below and submit your application today. As always, if you have any questions call BOMA/NY’s Director of Education, Mary Ellen Sorgente (See Contact Us).
Who is Eligible
- You must be employed by a BOMA/NY member firm working within the 5 Boroughs of New York City
- You must have completed, and passed, at least one BOMI course in any designation
What the Scholarship Covers…
- Scholarships cover the value of a maximum of seven BOMI courses toward the completion of one BOMI designation.
- All fees: books and exam fees, as well as the BOMA/NY Processing Fee
- Courses taken by 13-week classroom method, accelerated method or home study
- Scholarship recipients must complete and pass each course before taking the next course
- Scholarship recipients must complete the full designation within four years of receiving the scholarship
….And Does Not Cover
- BOMI International one time only registration fee
- BOMI or BOMA/NY late fees
- BOMI exam re-take fees
- BOMI course transfer fees
- BOMI On-Line Courses
- Travel expenses and lodging
- The Scholarship Committee determines each award based on the points addressed in the required essay, completed application form, and the in-person interview.
- Candidates must attend an in-person interview with the Scholarship Committee at the BOMA/NY office.
How to apply
Click here to download the 2016 Scholarship Application. Complete the form, and include with it the following documents
- A one-page essay on – ‘Why I should be considered for a scholarship.’ Your essay must be typed on one 8 1/2 X 11 sheet, single-spaced, one side only. Candidates generally address the need for career advancement and professional development. This is the appropriate forum to note any financial need.
- A letter of recommendation from your current employer on company letterhead. Please include supervisors’ business card, if possible.
Professional designations developed by the Building Owners’ & Managers’ Institute (BOMI) are recognized as the industry standard for excellence in property management, facilities management and systems maintenance education.
Deadline For Applications
July 29, 2016
2016 Scholarship Committee
Chair: Gail P. Duke, RPA/CPM, New York Life Investment Mgmt., LLC.
Anthony DePalma, Tower Performance, Inc.; Frank J. Keating, Triboro Elevator Consulting, LLC; Michael Locicero, ThyssenKrupp Elevator; Patricia Maes, Jones Lang LaSalle America Inc.; Lawrence J. Spahn, H & R REIT Management Services LP, James Whelan, RPA/FMA, Cushman & Wakefield, Inc.